Re: [squid-users] Failed Dependencies

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 00:06:08 +0100

One of the authentication helpers of Squid requires the Authen::Smb perl
package.

If is safe to specify --nodeps to RPM to ignore the dependency if you do
not plan on using this specific authentication helper.

The RPM package should probably be split in basic Squid package and
separate packages for the more odd authentication helpers having
specific dependencies, but it currently is a single big RPM with all
components (and all their dependencies).