Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy Configuration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 00:10:15 +0100

Works here, but you really SHOULD be using the CONNMARK feature (in
iptables patch-o-matic) for marking the whole TCP connection, not only
the TCP PORT 80 traffic as there may also be ICMP traffic involved for
PMTU and other TCP/IP functions.

Note that in addition to the advanced routing on the firewall you also
need interception rules on the proxy server.