[squid-users] Squid VS IE6 Showdown

From: Mark <coolwhip@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:48:58 -0600

(Revised, once again trying my luck fishing for answers in the user
list.)

Does Internet Explorer 6 have a thing against Squid? It doesn't ever
like to download anything beyond the first 60k of a file, cached or
uncached, from FTP. From HTTP, pages with large images (200k+) load to
25% and stop dead. But they load fine if I refresh.

-Behavior exhibited in Squid 2.5 stable or 3.0 Dev running on Redhat 8.0
SMP
-Domain of ~100 Windows 2000 computers running updated Internet Explorer
6.0
-Mostly default config (attached)
-No problems with Netscape; only IE.
-The server is also a firewall NAT

This is one slippery Squid. I can't get a log sample right now, but what
I saw wasn't very enlightening. I tried to duplicate the configuration
at home and it works fine. I use it daily. Any thoughts?

Thanks & plz don't make fun of my newbie config =)