Re: [squid-users] Squid VS IE6 Showdown

From: Francesco Chemolli <kinkie-ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Dec 2002 15:57:10 +0100

"Mark" <coolwhip@kc.rr.com> writes:

> Does Internet Explorer 6 have a thing against Squid? It doesn't ever
> like to download anything beyond the first 60k of a file, cached or
> uncached, from FTP. From HTTP, pages with large images (200k+) load to
> 25% and stop dead. But they load fine if I refresh.

My company recently deployed widely IE6SP1, no problem of the sort you're
complaining about.

> This is one slippery Squid. I can't get a log sample right now, but what
> I saw wasn't very enlightening. I tried to duplicate the configuration
> at home and it works fine. I use it daily. Any thoughts?

Probably some problem with the clients' configuration (we had some problems
of this sort where IE6 wouldn't accept to open some websites).

--
	kinkie (kinkie-ml [at] libero [dot] it)
	Random fortune, unrelated to the message: