[squid-users] FYI - squid user list has apparently been harvested for our email addrs: FW: High Skilled Developers For Your Every Need: 5

From: la. w <squid-user@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:35:05 -0800

squid-user is my subscribe address for squid-users list (though sent
email to squid-develop twice, so theoretically it could have been from
there -- either way is bad.

Maybe the web page archives can obscure the original poster address like
maybe Ess Pe Ee El Ell Space Oh you Tee names and "dot" and "at"...

Ess Que You Eye Dee Space You Ess Ee Are at Tee El Eye eN Ecks dot Oh
Are Gee

Yeah, a program could still harvest the names, but do you think they are
going to bother or go on for easier pickings elsewhere? Could even
introduce Random variations on the spellings: Que Cue Qu Cu Kyu

sigh...now you know why I try to use different email accounts for each
purpose....I screwed up somewhere though one of my generics got
harvested...very sad to have to add it to my block list.

Does this list allow receiving email at 1 address while posting from
another? That way, if it gets bad, I can just filter out incomings that
aren't from squid-users. -l