[squid-users] Help with Transparent Proxy and MS Media Services

From: H <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:04:24 +0800

Hi,

I have a problem with transparent Proxy and MS Media Services.

At the Squid transparent proxy, i have configure the MS media service to use
port 8080. Then I have used the Iptables to redirect the port 80 and port
8080 to squid port 3128.

When I using the IE client to connect to the MS media service, it failed to
connect to the Media server. But when I configure the IE client to use Squid
proxy , it works.

Have I miss something at the squid.conf ? or does the MS Media Service is
compatible with transparent proxy ?

Thanks for your kind advice.