Re: [squid-users] Http1.0/1.1 issues

From: K. Scott Bethke <kbethke@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:30:14 -0500

----- Original Message -----
> Unless you have hacked Squid to lie about it's capabilities it will
> automatically downgrade requests/responses to HTTP/1.0 just to avoid
> this kind of problems.

Greetings,

It seems for whatever reason we have hit a snag in this system. Whats
happening is that we have a small program that acts as a proxy for
authenticated users on the website, squid acts normal when we attach to the
webserver alone and grab content (i.e we get a 1.1 session, and chunked
connection works as intended. However for whatever reason when this small
program starts to relay content (basically feeding it back through apache)
the client always defaults to 1.0 (through squid, if we go direct to the
webserver and bypass squid the browser always sees a 1.1 connection),
however the system sends back a chunked response as if it SHOULD be a 1.1
connection. More interesting is that I.E just displays the chunked coding
info, Mozzilla and Netscape just pretends they know its a real 1.1
connection (even though we have verified via sniffer that it IS a 1.0
connection) and they parse the chunked characters fine.

Any idea what I can change in 2.5STABLE1 source to force all clients to 1.1
even when its getting a required 1.0 connection?

-Scotty