Re: [squid-users] authenticate_ttl not working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Dec 2002 13:38:54 +0100

HTTP does not have a "login/logout" concept. The browser authenticates
to Squid on each and every request sent.

The ttls set in squid.conf only controls how long Squid will remember
that the specific user+password combination is valid or other
information relating to the user. When expired Squid will verify with
the backend user database if the password is still valid.