Re: [squid-users] squid to squid auth ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Dec 2002 21:04:43 +0100

fre 2002-12-06 klockan 04.48 skrev Илья Шипицин:

> squid as proxy provides all three schemes, Basic, Digest and NTLM.
> which one of them squid picks up as a client ?

If you configure static authentication credentials for Squid to use in
the cache_peer directive then Basic is used as authentication method to
the peer.

If you configure to pass on the user credentials then either Basic or
Digest proxy authentication can be proxied by Squid I think (have not
tested proxying of Digest proxy authentication).

Note however that there may only be a single proxy in the request chain
using Digest authentication. Any child proxies must in such case
configured to NOT use authentication AND to pass on the authentication
to the peer.