[squid-users] memory problems

From: Ron Vachiyer <proutfoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 15:00:15 -0500

Hello,

I am having problems with memory usage and squid. I have a P4 1800 with 1GB
of RAM and 3 14GB cache partitions, using Squid 2.5S1, AUFS on Linux 2.4.20.
  What happens is that over time, the swap usage of the server will slowly
but continuously increase, eventually running out of swap. If I stop and
start squid, the swap is cleared, but starts to slowly grow again at what
seems to be a steady rate of 1 to 2 MB per day.

I have tried using DISKD with the same effect.

Are there any tools that can be used to examine what exactly is being paged
to disk?

Thanks,

Ron