RE: [squid-users] Acceleration & authentication

From: Mark <coolwhip@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:01:34 -0600

You could if you can find a way to configure 2 ips on the linux nic.
You're saying you want them both on the same hub but the windows 98
computer with a private ip right? You could just as easily enable
forwarding through iptables.

Why don't you just get a broadband router? Or why not pay for a 2nd ip
from your provider? Half the time they give you one anyway through dhcp.

My advice is if you can't afford the proper hardware then you shouldn't
be pursuing the course of action.

Mark