Re: [squid-users] SSO and SQUID? Is it possible?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Dec 2002 20:41:38 +0100

ons 2002-12-11 klockan 17.36 skrev Lucie ADAM:

> But I can't use squid as a reverse-proxy because of my structure.
> I want to know in which file (.c) and where, the headers are sent to the
> server after the authentification. In fact the message
> proxy-authorization:Basic:kjglkgj is cleared at a moment thanks to squid.
> But where?
> I don't know if I my english is clear enough but thanks for your response.

This is done in http.c:httpBuildRequestHeader()

Note: If you want to have proxy-authorization passed up to cache peers
then you need to tell this to Squid in the cache_peer directive. See the
login= parameter in the documentation in squid.conf.default. The
"automatic" method of earlier Squid versions is very insecure and can
cause the users passwords to unintentionally leak out of your network in
certain configurations.