Re: [squid-users] killall -HUP squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:56:52 +0100

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 22.27, Rangel, Luciano wrote:

> When I add some user in this archive I necessary to execute the
> command killall - HUP squid
>
> Would have some form not to need to execute killall - HUP squid
> after adding an user in the archive?

As an alternative you can run "sqiud -k reconfigure".

Same effect.

Another alternative would be to try to use one of my old patches for
selectively reloading of acls via cachemgr. Can be found from
http://devel.squid-cache.org/hno/ somewhere.. The patch was rejected
as Duane does not want to have more active functions in cachemgr for
valid security reasons.