Re: [squid-users] LDAP & Novell

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:21:17 +0100

On Thursday 12 December 2002 02.01, Jay Turner wrote:

> Obviously TLS is the correct option here.
> Henrik when you say the current helper, are you referring to the
> one in Squid2.5-STABLE2? Is the TLS support offered in
> Squid2.4-STABLE7? I'll guess no.

By current I refer to the current Squid-2.5 snapshots.

I do not remember which capabilities the version shipped in
2.4.STABLE7 has.

> You also have (patched), does this mean that the standard
> "out-of-the-box" helper requires additional patching to make it
> work correctly with TLS?

Checking.. actually I refer to the version in Squid-2.6 or later
here.. should probably backport this to Squid-2.5. Thought this had
been done but this is only the case for the group helper.

Note: the helper sources from Squid-2.6 or later can be used just fine
with Squid-2.5.

> Has an FAQ or how-to been created for this process yet? Am I the
> only one that has experienced this (or is it due to my lack of
> Novell knowledge? Are Novell users are already aware of all these
> issues?)

You are welcome to write a FAQ entry with your experiences, preferably
based on Squid-2.5.

> So, the next steps... what is now required is a version of the
> squid_LDAP helper that supports TLS, an SSL certificate on the
> Novell server, and TLS support on the Squid server (what exactly
> does this entail? just the squid_LDAP helper?)

TLS support on the Novell server. Squid does not need to know about
TLS. Only the LDAP helper and your Novell NDS server.