Re: [squid-users] Time restrictions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:01:03 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Michael Fuller / Hotmail wrote:

> Is radius authenitcation possible at least?

Possibly. There is both a native radius helper to Squid available, and you
should also be able to use PAM for that purpose.

> If that is possible I can use the maxdailysession attribute of radius to
> implement these features.

Unknown. There is no session equivalence in HTTP. The proxy just verifies
that the password is valid every auth param ttl.

Assuming that radius in maxdailysession keeps track of the user session
somehow based on login/logout requests I would say it is quite likely not
possible as there is no running session while the user is using the proxy,
only very quick verifications of his password from time to time.

If it is the devices responsibility to enforce the maxdailysession then
no.