RE: [squid-users] Is Squid the right tool for my situation?

From: Mark <coolwhip@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:31:06 -0600

I don't use Solaris but I can tell you based on what you told us that
Squid might not be the best approach. You may just want to go with
network address translation to forward connections at the IP level. Then
on the OSX box you would just set the connection's default gateway to
the IP of the Solaris machine. Search for guides on setting up Solaris
as a router.

Of course that's providing you can even do that without superuser
privileges, I guess. Maybe Squid is your only hope?

Take care.

Mark