[squid-users] Squid authentication thru W2K domain server

From: Evelio <evelio.martinez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:59:47 +0100

Hello!

Following my post of Nov, 20 2002, I will use the "automatical" mode for
authentication via logon script.

1)I have upgraded to Squid Cache: Version 2.4.STABLE6
  I have included these lines on squid.conf for testing purpose

  authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /squid/usuarios
  acl clave proxy_auth REQUIRED
  http_access allow clave

  It works OK, as expected but I have this message in cache.log

  proxy_auth clave not applicable on accelerated requests

  Is this normal?

2) NTLM and Samba authentication are synonyms?

   If so, I will follow instructions in
http://www.hacom.nl/~richard/software/smb_auth.html to test it

3) Is it possible to use LDAP authentication against W2K server? It has
Active Directory working.

4) If so, Which of both is easier to install/configure Samba or LDAP ?

Thanks in advance

Evelio Martínez