Re: [squid-users] Not Authorizing ---> nsca_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:11:59 +0100

On Friday 13 December 2002 20.21, Mahesh Kudva wrote:
> First: My cache is asking for authentification but if i give a
> valid user name and password it does not accept.
> I have pointed it to my system user list.

Using what Squid helper?

And what system user list?

> Second: Squid propmts me for authentification only if I use browser
> proxy. How can i overcome this ????? I want authentification even
> if the browser proxy isd not put .....

You can't. For very obvious security reasons the browser only allows
proxy authentication if it thinks it is talking to a proxy.

By using transparent interception proxying you are violating TCP/IP
standards in many ways, and certain things simply cannot work with
transparent interception proxying. Proxy authentication is one such
thing.