Re: [squid-users] problem of catching password delay

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:50:01 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Xavier wrote:

> The authentification helper is Webmin witch works fine.

Webmin is an administration framework, not a Squid authentication helper.

To see what authentication helper you are using see squid.conf. If you are
using webmin then I assume you are using Squid-2.4 (not sure if there is
Squid-2.5 support in webmin yet). Then the squid.conf directive is
authenticate_program. In Squid-2.5 the directive is auth_param.

> But here in this case, with differents tests I have made , I am sure
> that I must Restart or Apply changes in Squid for changed passwords
> taking effect.Perhaps there is something with Webmin ...

Check if the password file gets updated when you change the users
password.

But it could also be the ttl thing if you are testing with valid accounts.
If the user is currently logged in when you change the password then he
must close the browser or wait for the ttl to expire before there will be
a login prompt again..