Re: [squid-users] problem of catching password delay

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:49:15 -0600

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Saturday 14 December 2002 21.53, Joe Cooper wrote:
>
>>Joe Cooper wrote:

>>>Webmin actually has an NTLM style auth helper written in Perl
>>>included
>>
>>Argh... This should, of course, be NCSA-style basic auth helper.
>>I've been doing too much poking at Windows machines, lately.
>

> Then switching to the NCSA style helper shipped by Squid would
> probably do good.

Perhaps. I haven't run into this problem, but then I haven't tested the
new Webmin auth helper very much more than to set it up, login, and say
"Neat!" and then move on to other things.

Jamie will probably fix it quickly if there is a bug in the helper.

That said, Webmin supports the standard NCSA auth helper as well, and
can manage users for it in the same way it can for the Webmin default
helper.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.