[squid-users] error in using squid 2.5 ssl patch

From: alp <alpheus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:59:57 +0100

hi,
i am using squid 2.5S1 as ssl-gateway and everything works fine.
then i tried to use the ssl patch: i took the latest 2.5 squid version
and applied the patch without any errors; then i compiled the patched
version again to use it as a ssl gateway (--with-openssl, --enable-ssl).
if i start squid then,
cache_log shows no errors but if i try to get a https site, the
following error occurs:
https Accept: error allocating handle:error 1403D0C3: ssl routines:
ssl_new: null ssl ctr

i am using the same keys and the same squid.conf parameters for squid =
and the patched squid, but the patched one fails with the above error.

can anybody help?

in addition: if i use client certificates: there can be given a file for =
accepted CAs. what is the syntax for this file? if CA "my_ca" has signed =
the client certificate, should then the name "my_ca" be inserted into =
this file in order to accept the client certificate?

please help!
thx in advance,
alp