Re: [squid-users] Problems using NTLM authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:17:50 +0100

Jairo.Castaņeda wrote:

> Well, I do need NTLM Authentication because I need the authentication
> process to be transparent to my users. Right now, it's working but it's not
> transparent. A popup window appears asking for an username/password and if I
> type a valid one I get through... Any ideas why it's not transparent?
> I'm using IE 6.0, my PC is logged into the domain and according to the FAQ a
> password prompt should NOT pop up...

If you get a login+password prompt (no domain) then you are not using
NTLM authentication. Instead you are using Basic authentication.

NTLM authentication is configured via the

  auth_param ntlm ...

directives in Squid.conf.

and as "auth_param ntlm program .." you must use one of the NTLM helpers
to Squid (winbind/SMB/fakeauth/no_check).