Re: [squid-users] Sizing / Configuration Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:45:15 +0100

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 22.46, Sturgis, Grant wrote:
> Thanks Henrik. Any guidance on redirectors (adzapper)? Seems like
> the only reasonable thing to do is to spawn more as necessary. In
> your experience, what is a lot of redirectors? Of course it
> depends on the speed of the script and machine.

Unless you are short on memory there is no real drawback from spawning
the maximum of 32 helpers.

You can later review your config by inspecting the use via cachemgr,
but you quite likely do not need to care.

I do not know the details of the adzapper helper to tell how many is
suitable or if there might be a bottleneck.