Re: [squid-users] byte hits and http hits

From: Dan Cave <mogul@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:07:50 -0000

Masood

What do your cachemgr.cgi stats say? Also, take into consideration that
*some* websites have the pragma_nocache, expires=0 flag in html which means
that squid wont cache these pages... it might be that a number of your users
visit sites with these flags in the pages.

Take a look at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-6.html#ss6.7 and
peruse through your cachelog to see how many hits/misses you're getting for
specific sites, a nice script with egrep/grep should do the trick

Also, I recall the 1Mb per 1G of disk space cache rule, so if you've got
around half a gig of ram you should be ok.. Try using the diskd/aufs disk
access method too.

hope this helps.

dan