Re: [squid-users] Usin squid with a bridge

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:33:15 +0100

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 23.38, Edward D. Millington wrote:
> Have anyone out thee have setup squid on a bridge box?

Yes. What about it?

> Some how, I cannot get the packet diverted to squid although i am
> using the Fram Divertor software.

For transparent proxying using a bridge I have only tested the
Linux-2.4 bridge-netfilter integration. Worked quite well, but there
is some pitfalls to remember from the fact that it is a bridge so be
careful with packets having a destination in your local network or a
destination MAC different from that of your Internet router.. (mostly
the same effect, different approach).