Re: [squid-users] FW: Squid and SSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:36:24 +0100

Yes, but you won't find any clients capable of using a SSL enabled
proxy, or at least I have not found any.

Squid-3 can be configured without any http_port, only using
https_port. For Squid-2.5 there is a patch to remove the default
http_port 3128, allowing your Squid to run with only https_port
defined.

The https_port in Suqid is in all aspects identical to a http_port and
can be used for proxying just fine. However, to get traffic to a
https_port when running as a proxy you must convince the client to
use SSL to speak to the proxy.