Re: [squid-users] Backup path selection

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 14:26:29 +0100

If you have a parent proxy on your Internet connection as well then then
the following should work quite fine:

cache_peer satelliteproxy parent no-query ... timeout=10 default
cache_peer internetproxy parent no-query ... timeout=30
never_direct allow all

Without a parent proxy on your Internet connection you can get an
approximation by using prefer_direct:

cache_peer satelliteproxy parent no-query ... timeout=5
prefer_direct off
nonhierarchical_direct off

but in this configuration some requests will go direct even if your
satellite connection is alive and kicking.