[squid-users] Squid 2.4Stable6 and no-cache/cache-control

From: <Stefan.Wiederoder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:14:58 +0100

dear list,

I´m having trouble with a wbt-solution (hyperwave), they say their server
talks HTTP 1.1 but the output below says 1.0

HTTP/1.0 501 Not implemented
Cache-Control: no-cache
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:07:48 GMT
Expires: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:07:48 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Server: Hyperwave-IS/6

we need to avoid certain pages to be cached, so they configured their
server with
no-cache and so on. We´re currently using a blacklist with URLs to make
sure that
a few pages won´t be cached - but we want to use a more elegant mechanism.

However, Squid (we use 2.4s6) does support both HTTP 1.0 and 1.1 ?
I do not need to configure an explicit statement in the squid.conf to
activate
no-cache / cache-control - or do I ???

some webpages say that no-cache is only for request-headers, not for
response-headers.
So is it the best solution to use HTTP 1.1 and cache-control ?

thanks
,
stefan