[squid-users] Re: access logs not rotating ...

From: a.m.rasat <a.m.rasat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:13:10 +0700

> i hate to ask such a general question, but i'm having trouble figuring out
> where to start ...

I'm a lazy person but judging from how long Squid have been around, I think
there is a documentation for your exact situation. Perhaps in FAQ section.

> my access.log is not rotating (it's up to 118,000,000 bytes) ... and i
> haven't a clue where to find the answer to the problem (i want the logs to
> rotate daily) ....

I didn't get your OS. If you use GNU/Linux (I've never tried any other OS,
so...), try to add "/path/to/squid/dir/squid -k rotate" in your crontab.
Mine is rotating every couple of days since not so many users using my
cache.

> feel free to tell me ro RTFM, just point me in the direction of the right FM
> :-)
>
> thanks.

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat.-