[squid-users] URL QUERY_STRING

From: Cory Mummery <cmummery@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:37:18 -0800

I am developing a flash application that is going to request an XML file to
refresh content every ## seconds. I am expecting very high traffic so I
want to cache the xml file using a pool of squid servers. I have to use a
query string in the flash call in order to bust the browser cache, but I
want squid to ignore the query string. For example, the browser will make a
call for http://host.com/test.xml?123456. I want squid to cache
http://host.com/test.xml and ignore the query string. Is this possible? If
that is possible, I am planning on using refresh_pattern to setup the
caching parameters. I want the file cached for ## seconds. Is
refresh_pattern the best way to accomplish this? Thank you for your time.

-Cory