[squid-users] Priblem with ACL -max_user_ip & deny_info

From: Abdul-Azeez <azeez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:54:11 +0100

Hi all ,
I am running squid2.5 STABLE1. and I use proxy_auth to authenticate my
users.
I also used the "max_user_ip -s" to limit login from more than one computer
and this work's well. I want users who attempt to break this second rule
to see a custom message but it seems to work funnily.

The custom message is now displayed both when a user enters a wrong password
(or
none at all) and when multiple login is attempted from 2 PCs.
Part of my ACL are shown below
.
acl multiple-login-normal max_user_ip -s 1 # max no. of login by user from
diff. IP addresses
.
acl all-cib-staff src 128.1.0.0/16 #all users in the in CIB
.
acl imsd-users proxy_auth REQUIRED # users in systems dept.
.
acl working-hours time MTWHF 08:00-17:00 # official bank working hours
.
.
deny_info mult-log-normal multiple-login-normal
http_access deny multiple-login-normal
http_access allow all-cib-staff !working-hours
http_access allow imsd-users
http_access deny all-cib-staff
.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Or suggest better
ACL lines to implement my plan.

Abdul