[squid-users] SSL certificate on Squid 2.5, CA keys seem to be ignored

From: <justin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:39:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have a certificate signed bij a CA.

This bundle of certificates

TrustRootCA_cert->Issuer_cert->public_cert->private_key

works fine under apache in the following config:

SSLCertificateFile public_cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile private_key
SSLCACertificateFile (combined TrustRootCA_cert+Issuer_cert file)

If I try to get these sertificates to work with Squid 2.5 (https_port 443
cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/server.pem) and put all 3 certificates + the
private key in 1 pem file... the CA is not recognized by my browser.. in
the certificate hierarchy there is no mention of any CA, only my key is
shown..

When removing the TrustRootCA_cert and Issuer_cert form the combined pem
file..the result is exact the same.. so it seems thet Squid is ignoring
these certificates...

Any suggestion?