Re: [squid-users] squid AD Auth

From: Hegedus, Ervin <airween@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 12:05:51 +0100

Hello,

> I am VERY new to Linux (any flavor) and squid. I am trying to setup
> Squid 2.4 STABLE7 and authenticate to a MS Active Directory. I have read
> many How to's and FAQ's, but have had no luck. Does any have any good
> links I can read through.

you can use one of these auth_modules:
- ntlm
- smb_auth
- msnt_auth
- LDAP
- winbind

for use this, you need to configure squid before you make it,
like this (this is just an example!):

./configure ... --enable-auth="basic" --enable-basic-auth-helpers="SMB MSNT"

there are many types of auth method, for more info see
squid.conf.default, FAQ, and these URL's:
http://squid.visolve.com/squid24s1/externals.htm#authenticate_program
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.14
http://devel.squid-cache.org/ntlm/

the place of sources are SQUID_SOURCE_ROOT/helpers. you can find
some infos there also.

good luck:
air