Re: [squid-users] question on caching objects and cache storage

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:26:25 -0600 (CST)

>> Cliff Notes: can I tell squid to cache EVERYTHING, no matter what the
>> object is, and is there an easier way to find an object listed in the
>> access.log in the cache directories?
>
> No. You cannot tell Squid to cache what the origin server has told
> Squid it MUST NOT cache.

So there is no way to even tell Squid to ignore that rule for just one
set/type of pages, or in a particular domain, or a user, etc? And how do I
identify these pages that have the headers that instruct the requester not
to cache?

Also, regarding my other question, what is the easiest way to find an object
in the physical cache directories based on the requests listed in the logs?

> There is some hacks you can apply in refresh_pattern to override some
> aspects of what the origin server says, but not all.

any references/links/URLS?

Thanks again!
Ben