[squid-users] downloading files

From: Pat Lendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:01:02 -0500

Hello All,

Not sure what is happening - maybe you can help ?

squid-2.4-STABLE7 was installed on two redhat linux systems.
We could access an internal web page by typing the hostname "xxxx".
 We could click on a url from that web page and download files.

I installed squid-2.5-STABLE1 to the two redhat linux systems (installed
in different directory from squid-2.4-STABLE7). When I go to url
"xxxx" the page displays. When I click on url to download file,

While trying to retrieve the URL:http://xxxx.microcenter.com/
<http://sysadm.microcenter.com/>

The following error was encountered:

    * *Connection Failed*

The system returned:

/ (111) Connection refused/

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Your cache administrator is webmaster <mailto:webmaster>.

****** However, if I type the full hostname xxxx.microcenter.com - then
I can download file.
Why is it that with squid-2.4-STABLE7 I don't have to type full hostname
to download file, but with squid-2.5.STABLE1 then I need full hostname.
*** I'm already using
append_domain .microcenter.com
in squid.conf.

I've been trying to figure this one out - any ideas?

Thank you

Pat