[squid-users] smb_auth help

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:26:12 +1100

Hi all,
I have a RH7.2 box running squid/2.5.STABLE1 and smb_auth 0.05
This has worked fine until recently when smb_auth can no longer broadcast
for the Domain Controller and I have had to add the IP address with the -U
option in squid.conf. When I run smb_auth from the command line it can't
find the DC and so can't authenticate.

What preceded this change was some changes I made to get Samba working
properly - (it was running fine but was not showing up in Network
Neighbourhood). The only permanent change I remember making was to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 where the NETWORK setting was
incorrect (it was set to 10.19.0.0 rather than 10.192.0.0), when I changed
this I could connect to the Samba shares.

The server uses 10.192.0.21/255.255.254.0 with a broadcast of 10.192.1.255.

Any clues appreciated. This is not a fatal problem as I have a workaround
going, but would like to go back to the system where I only had to give the
domain. Alternatively is NTLM authentication sufficiently stable and simple
to setup that I should move up to that?

Simon Bryan
IT Manager
OLMC Parramata