Re: [squid-users] Ident large scale usage

From: G Welter <G.Welter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:04:52 +0100

Sorry folks. Wrong reply to wrong mail. The right reply will follow in a short while :-)

Gerben.

>>> "G Welter" <G.Welter@rocleiden.nl> 01/07/03 02:00PM >>>
Ja, die puinzakken verkijk je je altijd op.

Nou, dat scheelt al een hoop. Hoef je je niet zo druk te maken over dat metselen.

>>> "Jay Turner" <jturner@bsis.com.au> 01/07/03 05:31AM >>>
Hi All,

Does anyone have any opinions/advice on the use of ident?

We are looking to put Squid into an environment with 1500 users and we want
to have username information stored in the log files.

Two ways to do this 1)Use an authentication scheme (NTLM, SMB etc) or have
each client PC run an ident service and have Squid request this info as
required.

I have tested this out fine in a small installation but I was wondering if
there would be an impact in a 1500 user environment?

Any thoughts?

Regards
Jay