Re: [squid-users] 2 sets of cache in same partition--?

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:26:25 +0100

Raja R wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have 2 squid versions running on my linux box. squid-2.3 and
> squid-2.5stable1. I have a cache partition by name "/cache1" which is 6 GB .
> It is only 5 % grown by squid-2.3 . Now I want to create a subdirectory
> under that and want the other version of squid (2.5 stable1 ) to maintain
> the cache under that.
>
> so , it is like this ---
>
> squid-2.3 will use /cache1
> squid-2.5 stable 1 will use /cache1/cache1 say..
>
> I think it is possible but will it have any performance issues or any other
> complication ? Can I do it ?

 Remarkable requirements which , I feel, will make your life
unnecessary complex, and you may not be able to realize this in the
first
please.

Please use the latest squid release in a 'uniform' and integrated way.

I see absolutely no reasons when having a villa , to keep some old
sheds in the back garden.

M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM