Re: [squid-users] netbios error?

From: Gerard Eviston <geviston@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:07:49 +1000

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:33, Mrvka Andreas wrote:
> hi!
>
> please can anybode explain me, what these error messages stored in
> cache.log should tell me?
>
> >NetBios error code 3 (RFCNBE_BadRead: Read system call returned an error.
> > Check errno.) NetBios error code 4 (RFCNBE_BadWrite: Write system call
> > returned an error. Check errno.)

This is probably due to squid losing the network connection to the server you
use for NTLM authentication. If it happens often then consider specifying
more than one server (PDC, BDC etc) using the -b flag if you're using
ntlm_auth. I'm not sure how to do this with winbind, but I'm sure there's a
way.

Regards
Gerard