Re: [squid-users] squid performance and hardware help

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:54:46 -0600

Well you should at least recompile for more than 1024 FDs. Try around
4096 FDs. Also, I personally wouldn't go for a 30GB cache with only 1GB
of RAM to play with. I'd probably go for about 8GB per 1GB of RAM, I
may be wrong. When I tried large caches, I started running into swap.
Then again, YMMV. I think it mostly depends on how many objects you
anticipate caching on disk and how many (and what size) hot objects you
are expecting. You shouldn't need to ever reboot your Squid server.

That should help some.

Peter Smith