Re: [squid-users] Redirecting and Limiting

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:47:00 +0100

Mahesh Kudva wrote:

> First:---
> I use Squid 2.5s1 on a R.H 7.3. I dont use authentication. I want to redirect
> some of my ip's to a particular page and not allow them to download or surf any
> other websites. How can i proceed ????????...

See the http_access directive. Remember that it is a ordered list of
rule. The first http_access line that matches the request will be used.

> Second:--
> I want to have no restriction on text/html or gif or jpg images. But want to
> control the flow on other file types. How do I do it .....?????

This can be done in two ways

a) Pattern matching based on the requested URLs using urlpath_regex to
block the request before it is sent

b) or by http_reply_access looking into the mime type upon receiving the
reply.