[squid-users] problem with maxconn ACL

From: Abdul-Azeez <azeez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:06:30 +0100

Hi all,

I am running 2.5 stable1 & windows IE version 5.

I use maxconn to limit the no. of connections from a client but it's working
erratically.
I am denied access (for trying to exceed the max. no of connections) even
when I think
I have not exceeded the max. no.

Assuming I open "http://www.cnn.com" using windows IE. Then click on a story
and read,
I am denied access when I attempt to read other stories/sub-stories. (still
within CNN's page)

I thought this is supposed to work when I attempt to open more than 2 IE or
when I
attempt to browse more than 2 completely unrelated sites? Or I my wrong on
this assumption?
How do I get around this?
part of my squid.conf is shown below:
.
.

#deny access from requests outside our network
acl all-cib-staff src 128.1.0.0/16
http_access deny !all-cib-staff
.
.
#No users may establish more than two simulteneous connections on one PC
acl max-no-of-conn-per-pc maxconn 2
http_access deny all-cib-staff max-no-of-conn-per-pc
deny_info ERR_DO_NOT_HAVE_MORE_THAN_2_CONN max-no-of-conn-per-pc
.

Regards
Abdul