Re: [squid-users] problem with maxconn ACL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 13 Jan 2003 18:39:01 +0100

The number of connections opened does not really have any connection to
the number of browser windows you have open.

Also, each browser may open a number of parallel connections. Normal
figures are anywhere from 1 to 4 concurrent requests to retrieve the
objects making up a single page.

If you then click on a link while objects are being downloaded then this
may add to the number of connections open, especially if you do not set
"half_closed_clients off".