Re: [squid-users] two authenticators programs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 15:54:32 +0100

ons 2003-01-15 klockan 13.19 skrev Emilio Casbas:
> Hello all,
>
> Can I use two authentication programs together? and to have squid ask
> for both (authenticator 1 or authenticator 2) according to the acl?.
> I have squid 2.4.STABLE7.

Not yet according to acl.

What you can have however is to query two or more programs. Examples of
possibilities includes:

 a) Pattern based on the username. Can be used if your usernames are
structured so you know from the username which userdatabase you need to
query.

 b) Failover, try the next one if the first indicates a login failure
    several people use this to combine NCSA and NT Domain/LDAP logins..
first checking in the NCSA database, and if not successfull continue to
look up the user in NT Domain / LDAP.

This is done by a intermediary helper program sitting between Squid and
the authenticators. Examples have been posted to squid-users several
times (search for open2 on the squid-cahce.org site)