RE: [squid-users] hyperthreading?

From: <sean.upton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:01:09 -0800

Dumb SMP question (not related to hyperthreading): provided that the current
2.4 Linux scheduler respects affinity generally (a process tends to stay on
same logical processor):

Let's suppose that I have a farm of DP boxes that I run Squid on as an
accelerator, and these would be balanced on another box routing incoming
HTTP connections with something like ldirectord or a
hardware-content-switch, would I get more performance if I run 2 Squid
instances on the same Physical box, each bound to a different interface, and
each using non-competing I/O & disk resources, and each having plenty of
RAM? Is this even possible? If so, desirable?

Sean