[squid-users] NEW INFO - RE: [squid-users] Issue with initial page timeouts

From: Nicholas Ritter <ritter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:00:22 -0600

Ok, here is some new info to help solve the problem.

When the error happens on the workstation, the web browser receives a
page from the proxy server saying:

Error
The requested URL could not be retrieved.

While trying to retrieve the URL: /
The following error was encountered:

-Invalid URL

If a URL like http://www.slashdot.org/ is entered, the above error
happens once, then a reload of the same URL does not reproduce the
error.

Nicholas

--
Nicholas Ritter <ritter@lfc.edu>
Network Administrator, Lake Forest College