RE: [squid-users] Continuously growing S

From: Robert Adkins <raa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:19:00 -0500

        My site is relatively small, so I have cache_mem set to the default of
8. I never see the squid process become anything larger then 17M in top.
I have also never had any complaints from my users.

        I haven't had anytime to run any kind of performance testing. I will be
doing so soon. Then, I will start playing around with those settings.

        If it means anything to you, we have 8 users that access squid
throughout the day. We use squid mostly to block out questionable
material and to limit the amount of surfing time at the office. There had
been some problems with people surfing the web more then working their
job.

        From my reading, I am certain that the default settings I have will be
fine, even if the number of users increases up towards 20 to 40 users,
each with similar surfing habits.

        Feel free to Let me know if I am wrong there.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer
Impel Industries, Inc.