RE: [squid-users] Continuously growing S

From: Schelstraete Bart <bart@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:18:12 -0800

Hello,

We have about 800000 connects (tcp connects) on an ordinary day.
And my Squid is using about 153 Mb RAM , and it stays like that.
I configured 60 Mb as cache_mem value.

Ron: Maybe you can try switching of the memory_pools to 'off'.
I never tried this but give it a try ,I should say :)

Info regarding memory pools:

# TAG: memory_pools on|off
# If set, Squid will keep pools of allocated (but unused) memory
# available for future use. If memory is a premium on your
# system and you believe your malloc library outperforms Squid
# routines, disable this.

--
Schelstraete Bart
bart@schelstraete.org