Re: [squid-users] Squid REDIRECT/REJECT?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 20:40:55 +0100

mån 2003-01-20 klockan 09.19 skrev Matthew Gavin:
> > Most browsers have a "don't use proxy for these destinations" in their config.
> > Use that. You cannot do it from squid.
>
> Thanks Colin. I realise this, but with over 3,000 clients on anything from IE4
> to IE6 (Many of them remote) it's not practical. I am certain squid can do this.
> It's just an ACL, I just don't know which one.

It is not just an ACL. Once the request hits Squid on the proxy port (as
per your clients configuration) Squid only has two choices:

a) Process the request

b) Reject the request, sending an error message to the client.

The only way of making the request be sent directly to the requested
server, bypassing Squid, is to configure the browser to do so.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden