Re: [squid-users] Restricted sites during office hours?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 02:43:10 +0100

Gavin Hamill wrote:

> My only remaining question (for the moment!) concerns daylight savings
> time... is there an automatic way to deal with this, since the computer clock
> will always be set to GMT, irrelevant of the time of year..

Yes, configure the correct timezone on your computer or specifically
script which starts Squid to override the system default and Squid will
know.. (TZ environment variable)

Computers have timezone information to deal with this automatically. The
system clock is timezone and daylights saving neutral as it only knows
about seconds since the "epoch" (1 jan 1970 I think..)

Using NTP to configure the system clock is recommended. Ask your ISP if
they provide NTP to their customers if you do not already have NTP set
up in your organisation.